Sara and I competed in a show on June 24 (my birthday). She did the Beginner Novice Division, and I rode two dressage tests only. Below are to pics of my riding and then Sara and I taking Smash back to the barn. We both rode Smash at this show. Smash had a full day, but she was loving the jumping, especially in the cross country part of it.
All of the dressage riders were lumped into one big division, so I did not get a ribbon. I was happy with my ride (but not so much the score) as I had learned quite a bit from my new instructor, Steph T. Wasn't the best in the world, but using my new skills was hard and my brain had quite the workout!
Sara's jumping has vastly improved and so her technique is the best I've seen in a long time. She was pleased with Smash except when Smash refused to pick up her feet and knocked down a rail in the Stadium portion. At XC they went over every jump clean. Sara also took videos with her helmet-cam. It's really an interesting view of the course, but you don't really feel or see the horse jumping as you do when watching from the sidelines.
and
From the ground:
Photos courtesy of Steve Talabac.


No comments:
Post a Comment