On May 1 I participated in a dressage show, the first one with the new 2011 tests. Fortunately, they weren't too much different, but enough that I had to re-memorize them. Bella was a really good girl; she knew it was time to put on her show face, if a horse can do that. Moonie, however, was a bad boy. Right when he was to get in the trailer he did the rear, turn to the right and run away - twice. Once he was in the trailer, Cathy "ace'd" him - twice. Sallie came along just to get Moonie out of the property. She was planning on riding him, but had second thoughts when his bad behavior abounded. She did get him off the trailer later on while we were there, and of course, he acted as if nothing had gone wrong.
So, Bella and I did the new Intro B test; had a nice score of 63.8, and got a 4th place ribbon. Our second test, Intro C, was only .3 lower and got a 2nd place with that score! SCORE! Bella did not fight me with the new tests; apparently, she likes them. Usually, when I try a different test than she's used to, she tries to tell me where to trot and where to canter. Sometimes, it's a good thing, but with the new tests, we both have to remember what to do next.
Dave's mother is getting better, very slowly. She has her moments when she wants to leave (and I don't blame her one bit). We're hoping she can get enough physical therapy and she can move a little on her own so she can go home. It is a big hope, though.
Jane, Dave's sister, came into town, wreaked havoc, and left everyone here to pick up the pieces of her mess that she made. I do believe we are done here.
Dave and I went to the MD Sheep & Wool Festival on Sunday; fortunately, it was nice weather and we got there early enough that by the time we left at 10:45, the crowds were beginning to arrive. Actually, some already arrived, and I was glad to be going in the opposite direction of everyone. The vendors were the same; however, I did buy some silk/merino yarn and some mohair to make a sweater (to be added to my list previously made), and electric blue silk/merino, which will be used as a lining underneath the lacy part of the sweater.
Since my earmuffs finally fell apart, I needed another pair. I was really worreid if I would be able to find anouther pair. Lucky me, there was a woman who made earmuffs and I was able to get a pair for the next winter. I'm not prepared for the cold weather.
As I was running outside the other day, I saw people with a sign, "Judgment Day is here; May 21 is the end of the world." Man! So much for the hair appointment I made for that day. I'm going to die with bad hair. Crap!
Dave and I will be celebrating 33 years of married life on May 20; it's a good thing it's the day before the end of the world.
My new running route (hopefully) will be to get down to Constitution Avenue, as I usually do, then find a way to get to the Jefferson Memorial. If not, I can always make it back to the Lincoln Memorial or maybe run along the Potomac River. It's time for a change.
No comments:
Post a Comment