Friday, April 22, 2011

List of My Projects Either In Progress or Waiting to Be Started and then Left In Progress for a Very Long Time

I've made a list of projects: (either in progress, not yet started, to be frogged and ones that are faint images far, far away)

1. Penny Straker - Galway Sweater, Back finished, working on first sleeve (still.
2. Ohio Knitting Mills - Father Knows Best Cardigan, Back finished, Left front finished; right front in progress (this is a very plain vanilla sweater, so it goes quickly) Best to knit while watching the TV. No pattern to follow (really), so no worries that the pattern goes awry.
3. Kit of 6 Mittens (shows the seasons of the year; From Knit Picks)- Yarn has been rolled into balls; Patterns have been photocopied; All I have to do is start knitting
4. I have fabric that I bought to make a jacket that has African-type designs, including three leopard panels and a panel with a variety of animals on it. I have the pattern, but the challenging part is piecing all of these panels together to make it all flow. So far, I have cut several strips of fabric to add to the leopard panels, but nothing sewn. I have done a lot of creative thinking on this so far, which is the hardest part of the entire project. Ha!
5. Cardigan with Dancing Ladies on it. I've started this project several times, and every time the design does not work out. I've tried following the pattern from right to left, which works on the right side, then left to right on the wrong side, and it does not work. I've started in different parts of the design, but still is not looking right. This project is getting very close to being frogged.
6. When (not If and I'm being optimistic here) I finish the Penny Straker cardigan, I want to make another one.

I have a quote in my sewing room: It's a long way from creation to completion.

Ain't that the truth?

Since I was not able to exercise for two days, my body is revolting. Well, not revolting in the sense it's disgusting (but that too), but in the sense that it is craving those endorphins. I'm sure I'll feel better, too, once I come back from the gym. Cardio sounds like a plan today, but it will have to be on the TM. I went out earlier to the post office, and it is cold out there!

Another thing I haven't done in awhile (because of the rain last week) is riding. The forecast doesn't look to wonderful for this Sunday, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment