The temps last weekend were actually tolerable. Saturday was a really nice day since we did get out and go to a BBQ in the afternoon. Sara went riding Saturday morning to exercise Smash and get her in shape, so I went with her to help set up the jumps in the field. Fortunately, we went early enough so it wasn't too hot. Dave had gone shooting (photos, that is) in the a.m. and when he got back, we prepared ourselves for the BBQ. It was nice; we sat in the shade and chatted with people. Nothing exciting.
Sunday Sara and I went to our riding lesson; we did some more jumping. Bella is a jumping fiend, but tires out quickly. That's what happens when one is a "senior" horse. She loves to do her job, but she tires out fast. It's ok, I was tired, too! We should call ourselves, "Team Geriatric".
After our lessen we went to another BBQ, which wasn't really a BBQ, but more of a get-together. Our friend had a Mexican theme for food, which was very tasty and very fattening. His daughter, husband and triplets were there, and the kids are great entertainment. They asked, Is Funny Dave coming? Didn't care about anyone else, just Funny Dave.
Work goes on as usual; nothing exciting going on. Just getting through the days the best I can.
In knitting - Still plugging away at the Penny Straker sweater; making great headway on the left front; and I think it's time to measure it to see if it is the same length as the back (up to the armholes, anyway) so I can start shaping the armhole on the front.
My blue sweater continues to stare at me. I should pick it up tonight and start sewing it together just to stop it from staring at me. Should and will - two entirely different things.
Dave went to the doctor today about his knee. It wasn't bothering him for awhile, but when the weather changed, the knee started to act up, again. His surgery last year was to harvest some cartilege to grow it for a possible transplant this year. However, with his parent situation, we're not sure if he should do anything now because if he does this, absolutely no weight is to be put on that knee for 3 months! How irritating is that? And of course, there's the other question: If he gets it done, will the knee stop hurting?
Running on the TM today; way too hot, again, to go outside and I hear the temperature will be over 100 degrees by the end of the week. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment