Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Waredaca Show Recap -November 6

Sara and I prepared for the postponed Unrecognized Starter Trials on Saturday; we cleaned up the horses a bit, put the finishing touches on our costumes, and loaded up the trailer as much as we could. Sunday, albeit too early, we took off for the barn to get the last-minute gear and horses on the trailer. Off to Waredaca hoping for a good day.

Sara started off with Smash dressed as clowns and off to her dressage test.













Then, it was my turn:





Bella and I as a Dressage Ring.









Unfortunately, our jumping efforts were not so great; we were both eliminated at the stadium jumping. However, I was told I could go to XC, and I did. The stars were not aligned with Venus or something, and I couldn't get over the first "welcome log" at XC. I was done. We packed up and went home; I was in 4th place after dressage, but eventually was eliminated. And so it goes. We have the winter to work on our problems and have a better spring season next year.

Maybe I should stick to running.

P.S. Sara won 2nd place for her costume: $30.00! Better than a ribbon, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment