Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another Show, More Stress

Well, I have decided to do a "Short Course" show at Loch Moy in September. This is like an eventing show, but with only one jumping course, which starts with stadium jumps in the field, leads to regular xc jumps and returning back over some more stadium jumps. There is a dressage test to do first, then just the one jumping course. Who knows if I'll ever remember which way to go! I'm already hyperventilating! ha!

We are going to our friend's son's house for his annual summer BBQ. Not a big event, but it's still nice he invites us. He usually has a great variety of people there, so it's not just all young people - like in their 30s.

Sunday is a riding lesson at Cathy's; the next Sunday is xc schooling, The show is the 12th of September. I should give Cathy my paycheck - enough of it goes to her every month.

I'm still plugging away at the shawl I'm making as a Christmas gift. It is easy, but I don't think I'm even halfway through it. The mittens I started have to be ripped out! boo! They are way too big for me, and so I know they will be too big for Cathy's hands. Oh, well, that's the life of a knitter. Can't tell you how many projects I have had to start over, not just once, or twice, but sometimes three times. Once I get to four times, that project is FROGGED!

I also bought a pattern for a nice wool coat that goes down to the knees and has a really nice big-cabled collar. The pattern is a lot of st st and could be boring, but it will all be worth it once I get to the collar. At least I hope so!

Either it's been too hot and now today it's raining like crazy, so no running outside. Ugh! I'm getting really tired of the TM. It's wearing me down! The ellipitcal is worse! Not as many calories burned, and it takes so long to burn anything nowadays, anyway.

That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment