Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday, At Last!

Why is it some weeks fly by like nobody's business and other weeks seem to want to be around forever? Monday is a drag, and on and on, but when I get to Thursday, I am always thinking it's Friday. What is up with that? I've come to the conclusion that I should be working a 4-day work week with 5-day work week pay. It's hard enough to get up on Mondays, but Friday mornings are even worse because I've been looking forward to the weekend for ever so long.

I pulled a muscle in my shoulder (must have been those really, really heavy weights - 30 pounds at least!), and I'm not sure if I'll be able to do anything today. I wanted to run, if even on the TM (weather is still hot around here), so I'll have to see if the sore muscle interferes with it. Obviously, no upper body workout today. No sense in making what is sore even worse. then, heaven forbid, I would not be able to ride on Sunday. Can't take any chances!

Yesterday I received an email from Twist Collective, an online knitting magazine, with an errata sheet and a new version of a pattern that I had purchased a little while ago. The first correction wasn't too bad, but the second correction had a lot of instructions left out. I printed out the new pattern, went through it and circled all the instructions for my size. So fortunate that I didn't start it, yet, but I doubt I would have been that far along, anyway.

Still working on the Christmas-gift shawl. I checked my yarn, and I discovered that I have used only 6 skeins of yarn. That means I'm only halfway through my yarn. Yikes! I have a very long way to go. It is an easy pattern, thankfully. The worst part is the blocking of it. I know I don't have any place in my house that will be big enough to block it. I may have to go to Betty's house and use her kitchen counter.

Mitten? What Mitten? It's still sitting there staring at me and telling me that I was really stupid for using such big needles. Why didn't you use the no. 1s as you knew you should have? Why did you go ahead and knit them anyway? Well, the answer is I was so excited about getting them started, that I threw caution to the wind (and my common sense) and started. They do look nice, but ........ oh, well. I shall have to make a note to myself that the next time I am overcome with starting a project with the wrong sized needles to walk away slowly and remember what I did to myself with these mittens.

Saturday: picnic/BBQ; Sunday: riding lesson; maybe work on my Halloween costume. or not. Maybe start my new sweater coat; maybe go to the grocery store; maybe just veg on the couch with Romeo. So many possibilities.

Dave's knee is slowly getting better. He's even walking a bit without cane or crutches. By the end of the day, his knee is tired, but the good news is it's finally healing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment