Another week gone by and another weekend to flash before my eyes. After I got on the scale the other day it was an awakening - up 5 pounds! what? well, I know what - eating and drinking all the wrong things even though I am exercising. So, my goal for September 25:
Lose the 5 pounds
Work on running endurance so I can run the September 25th 5K without walking (as much)
That means I have to start journaling all my food, start making better choices, and drinking more water. So far on Day #3 things are going well. The bad part is the weekend is coming, and I tend to "forget" to journal and eat well and drink water. None of that any more.
Tomorrow another get-together and that means not stuffing my face; a long walk with Romeo (at least an hour); Sunday a riding lesson.
I've run outside for more days this past week than I have in the last month. The heat wave finally broke and it is really nice outside. I have already made headway into my not-walking the 5K goal by pushing myself to keep running. I'm letting my mind take over and tell me I should walk when there is no good reason to. Baby steps, baby steps. I'll get there one day.
Still working on the Christmas shawl, but it is getting longer. Pretty soon I'll have to get a bigger bag for it. It's long but not long enough to wrap around both shoulders. I believe I'm only halfway there. Like running, can't let my mind psych me out! I have to keep truding on.
No comments:
Post a Comment