So, it's time for yet another birthday. Funny, it seems I just had one not too long ago, too. Cathy's birthday is today, so we are throwing a collective birthday BBQ on Saturday to celebrate. I believe she told me her daughter's birthday is the 25th; mine is the 24th. Lots of June babies.
I'm taking Friday off as a gift to myself. Who wants to be at work anyway on a Friday? I'll be going to COSTCO to get the burgers, hot dogs and buns and some things for the house. I'm also going to make a chocolate cake and a potato salad. This BBQ comes at a great time as I have to be out at the barn on Saturday to put my things in the trailer for a horse show on Sunday, pretty up Bella and her tack. No ride times have been posted, but probably won't see them until tomorrow.
Seeing as I am at the lower end of the difficulty level, I am thinking I won't be riding until later in the day. Let's hope that it won't be a too-early morning.
Knitting: I rushed to sew the fronts and back of my blue sweater together because I thought I had to pick up stitches to knit the button/buttonhole band. Well, found out after I put the pieces together, I have to knit 12 stitches in 1x1 rib, make a buttonhole every 3" or so, then continue until the piece is long enough to go around the front, back neck and the other front.
Still plugging away at my Penny Straker Aran sweater - last sleeve on the needles. I already put together the design for the fronts (i.e., copied all the different patterns and put them in the correct order), so I'll be ready to go when the sleeve is complete.
My Cranston coat is in progress, but only the lace and bobble part for the middle of the sweater (that goes around the waist). Slowly, but surely these items are getting finished.
Which reminds me, I have to get back to the jacket I was making that has leopard motif on it. Wonder when that will be....
No comments:
Post a Comment