Friday, August 5, 2011

Horse Show Recap - July 31

Theresa and I participated in the Liberty View dressage show on July 31. The farm is nice, it's fairly close to Cathy's, and it is a very laid back place to be. The weather was warm, but not as boiling hot as it has been, so the show did go as planned. Theresa and I got tacked up, took the horses into the indoor arena to warm up, and for some strange reason, both horses thought that was the show. They were both "up" and moving forward well. As soon as we walked out of the indoor ring, both of them put their heads down and acted as if the end of the world was coming.

Bella is still in love with Satchmo, and she followed him everywhere, even tried to follow him into the ring when Theresa went to do her first test. After Theresa another rider did Intro A, then Bella and I went to do Intro B. A few more people did Intro B, including Thersa. However, the ones who were supposed to go after me were not ready to ride. I was asked if I wanted to go early, and I said no, I would wait. But..... these people were so late that when Theresa was finished Intro B, I was the only one there. So, instead of waiting for another 20 minutes, I went ahead and rode Intro C. Bella and I had our usual conversation when she's decided that the show is over and she doesn't have to listen to me. Luckily for me, the judge couldn't hear that conversation, and she even said that we were very relaxed! Cathy couldn't believe it, but I told her that Cathy, Bella and I were the only ones in that conversation.

Me: Bella, we have to go across the diagonal; Bella: No, we don't; Me: Bella, it would be nice if you would keep trotting towards M; Bella: I'm thinking about it; Me: Bella! Change rein! Bella: Ok, if you insist.

This type of conversation seemed to carry over to circles at E and B, canter circles at A in both directions, and our free walk. Our scores were not too shabby, and ended up with a third place and a second place. Theresa earned second place in both her tests. (Tried to put the videos up that Sara took, but keep getting an error message, etc.)

Of course, being a glutton for punishment, I have signed up for the next PVDA show on August 21 to, again, attempt conquer Intro B and C tests.

Never give up; never surrender, as Tim Allen says.

Caught a cold the other day; it has put me down for a few; I went into work early to run on the TM as there was a staff luncheon, which ruined my noon-time exercise regimen. I had a runny nose (more than usual)and felt a slight ache. I left work early on Wednesday, stayed home on Thursday, but was able to get back on Friday. Now all the germs have moved into my throat. However, no fever. I am armed with cough medicine and Ricola cough drops in case I should go into a fit of coughing.

No running or exercise yesterday or today; I must save myself for my Sunday riding lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment