August 21 was a scheduled PVDA show; I wasn't riding until 3:03 and 3:57, so we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn. The bad thing is if I ride early, then the day is salvagable. I drove to Cathy's, we got Bella on the trailer, started out to the show and Dave called to tell us that there was thunder and lightening at the show and the show had been put on hold. Oh, well, we were on the way, so we continued on. Got to Schooley Mill, the show was still on hold, and we could see the lightening and hear the thunder. After a few minutes the show was back on; I tacked up, got on, warmed up, and was ready to ride! Just as I was getting ready to go into the ring, the show was put on hold, AGAIN. Then, it started to rain and pour buckets! Finally, the show was called. So, back in the trailer, untacked Bella and home we went. Since I was at the end of the day, there were about 15 people who were scheduled to ride. Not sure how many did not ride, but there were only about 5 riders there when I got there. So far, no news about a make-up show or refund of money.
So, since Hurricane Irene came through, there was no riding Saturday or Sunday. Sara and I drove up to Cathy's, but unfortunately, we drove right into more rain. We went to Dunkin' Donuts and got a bagel, coffee for our breakfast. We were very fortunate that our electricity never went out; well for about 2 seconds, no trees fell on our house, and water in the basement was minimal. Saturday it rained all day and got progressive worse when the eye of the storm hit in the early hours of Sunday. The Patapsco River is raging right now and did overflow its banks. Fortunately, it did not flood Ellicott City.
Once I got home, I took a shower, and upstairs I went to sew my skirt. I got a lot accomplished, but ran out of steam. I have only a little bit more to do; hopefully, I will have enough energy to finish the skirt tonight. That is probably a pipe dream, but I can plan. There's always tomorrow!
With the weather being so nice today, I will run; I do need to do some strength training, but I can't pass up good weather.
Hopefully, I can ride this weekend as Sara and I are both riding Smash in a show on September 11. Ack!
No comments:
Post a Comment