Lo and behold, I finished a sweater from yarn and a pattern I bought in New York last month. Started on it right away, and as of yesterday, it is complete. COMPLETE, I TELL YOU. Gave it to Sara last night, and it does look very nice if I do say so myself.
Next on the knitting project list are the four Christmas stockings I am attempting to make for Christmas 2012. We'll see how far I get and if I should lose interest, which is a strong possibility.
My sewing projects: Tweed jacket still in progress; tweed coat - not cut out; plaid jumper - not cut out. Hmmm. Serious scheduling problems here.
Nick and Sara have decided they would like to do a destination wedding instead of a formal one here in Maryland. We discussed it, and it seems as if Dave and I will do a "send off" party before we go to the wedding destination, and they have asked or will ask Nick's parents to do a "coming home" party in Georgia. No concrete plans, yet, but with this scenario, we have lots of time to get detailed plans made.
Horse show season is coming up quickly. Sara and I are planning on doing a "Fix-A-Test" event on March 24. What happens is we ride a test, the judge critiques us, then we re-ride the test after hearing the judge's comments. It will be nice to have another set of eyes see what I'm doing.
Again, on the riding, I have attempted to memorize a Musical Freestyle to perform some time this season. The test is not difficult; I have the music, but Cathy's boom box does not work; must be too much dust, hay, in the CD player. My friend, Sallie, said she had one I could borrow, so just need to remind her to bring it to the barn. Then, it's onward with getting the music and the test movements coordinated.
No comments:
Post a Comment