Monday, November 12, 2012

Another Great Lesson!

Had my second lesson on Smash since I broke my wrist.  A week ago, I was a little anxious only because I was concerned about hurting my wrist, again.  The lesson was still a good one, albeit myn being a little shaky on Smash.  We worked on being relaxed, getting Smash relaxed, and it all worked out.

Yesterday I went solo (tacked up by myself and everything!), and things went well.  I didn't need anyone to help me catch Smash or groom her or tack her up.  She was a very good girl, even on the ground.  Once I got mounted Smash was still a little "up", but after walking around for a few minutes, she relaxed a little.  Steph had me work on giving Smash a loose rein, then  picking up the reins while keeping Smash at a walk (for some reason, horses think if the rider picks up the reins, it's time to trot).  We did that in both directions, then I rode figure 8s.  That is:  one big circle to the right, then as you come around to the beginning of the circle, turn the horse to the left and make another big circle at the bottom of the first one.  Kind of like this: But they should be touching! 




















Sara, Smash, and I are going to go to a dressage show on December 2.  We are hoping that all goes well, and all three of us are healthy!  We have the rest of this month to practice, so our tests should be top notch!

Been working on my "work dress", but spent most of yesterday after my lesson working on my counted cross stitch and watching all the shows I have on DVR.  Great, no commercials!  A nice, relaxing day.

So, I'm at work today, but since there are no MARC trains running, I had to drive to Greenbelt, get on the Green Line, get off at Fort Totten and transfer to the Red Line.  First of all, 95 South was packed out!  There must be a lot more people going to work than the MARC people think!  The Metro was slow because a) on holiday schedule and b) track work is being done and the trains are being single tracked throughout the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment