Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What I Accompllished

The things I accomplished this weekend: 1) blocked back and front of the blue cabled sweater; 2) blocked one sleeve of the blue cabled sweater; 3) cut out all the pieces of my Halloween costume (not an easy task) for the horse show in October (I know it's early, but the way I procrastinate, it will be October by the time this is all finished); 4) started to cut out pieces to a new dress, but alas did not have enough fabric (not an uncommon event); 5) went to Appalachian Spring and exchanged the earrings I received for my birthday (recceived a duplicate pair of earrings from Heinz and Vera); 6) continued knitting on the Christmas shawl. I also messed around with looking at another mitten pattern as I found some yarn in my stash. I found a great ball of white yarn (sock yarn) and leftover varigated yarn (greys, blacks, whites). The colors aren't as vibrant as my other mittens I made with varigated yarn, but more mellow.

The next thing on my list is to start sewing the Halloween costume, but before I can do that I have to purchase a few items: elastic, ribbon, and stitch witchery to make an applique for the vest. I bought the fabric so long ago that I could not remember what fabric was going to be what. I did know what fabric was going to be the dress, but the vest, jacket, and lining were still a mystery to me. So, what did I do? I improvised and made it all up. Everything worked out perfectly even if not the originally intended purpose. Many of the items are to be interfaced, but I'm not dealing with that. The collar I will interface so it stands up properly, but everything else will just have to be without interfacing. Not necessary since I've already put a lot of work into this project.

My riding lesson was good, but it was hot outside and I was riding at 9:30 a.m.! Worked on upward and downward transitions from walk to trot; trot to walk; trot to canter; canter to trot. My arms seem to keep getting in the way, and it is a real task for me to keep my arms and hands down and quiet and not up in the air. Whoever said that I'm "just sitting" on the horse, is woefully mistaken! There's a reason my legs and core and sore after every lesson.

Now is the time to start work on dressage as the dressage show season is coming up. I'm thinking of going to a show on August 1 for a change in venue. Maybe Sara will go so she can do her dressage test before the event on August 13.

Back to work and four days to go. I must work on my running endurance this week as I am running in the Howard County Women's Distance Festival 5K on Sunday. This is the first race I ran, so I go back every year to celebrate every year I've been running. This is year number 3!

It is also Sara's birthday, but she will be on her way home from her rock climbing vacation. In this heat, I wonder if she will survive especially since they are camping and no A/C.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like your plate is FULL, with all fun things♥ Makes me think I need to get it together and quick♥

    ReplyDelete