Monday, September 19, 2011

Jumping Smash or Smash Jumping

Yesterday I rode Smash in our lesson, and things were going well (except for when Smash did not want to canter and did a buck with one leg)until Cathy decided it was time to jump. Jump! Are you serious! This horse is amazingly tall, and I'm still used to "little" Bella's jump. We went around over an "X" jump; not pretty, but we got over it; then Cathy made it a vertical jump, which freaked me out. Don't know why; I guess I still have to get used to Smash's gait.

After that Dave and I went into Baltimore to the Inner Harbor; he saw there was a craft show there. As we drove into the city, we kept looking and looking, but could not find the show. Finally, we saw a few tent-like cubicles. Ah, the crafty people! There were a lot of photographers there; some jewelry, some other crafts, but nothing that jumped out at us. All in all a big bust.

On the way back Dave wanted to pick up the pictures he had sent to COSTCO to be printed. Very nice ones from Chincoteague. He will be coming ot my office in the beginning of November for another "Show".

Speaking of Shows, I do believe Sara, Theresa and I are doing the Waredaca October30 Halloween Event. I've decided to make Bella a dressage ring; I'm ordering the letters A, C, B, and E, and will attach them to Bella somehow; I'll wear "X" on the front of my shirt and buy some light chain to connect the four letters around Bella so it looks like a real ring. On my back I'm thinking of a sign that says, "Enter at A, then what?" Or "Where am I going?" Or "Enter at A, Where do I go from here?" Still have time to put it together. It will be cute and easy. My last costume was so detailed. Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment