As simple as the two fractues are, everything I do now has turned into a big chore. Taking a shower is a new adventue: first we cover the arm in a plastic bag and tape it up (hubby has to learn he can't push on the injured arm!); then it's a grand effort to get into the bathrub for the shower; washing with one arm, shampooing with one arm is not as effective as it should be. Then, the enxt effort of getting out of the tub. Toweling off is yet another challenge during this event.
I can't knit; heck, I can't even cut my own food right now. I can't walk (with all the bruising), let alone thrink about running. I did a great number on myself; however, I say, if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well. I certainly did well on this one.
Not to be outdone, Sara went running yesterday and fell down scraping her leg all up. Good grief! But the best part (kind of) is the person in my office who laughed at me and said he would never have any falling problems because he rides a bike, came into the office this morning with a scraped hand and partially scraped arm. Guess one can get hurt on a bike! Poetic justice!
It's only been a week; I have 5 more weeks of this?
No comments:
Post a Comment