OK, new x-rays showed that the wrist is really broken. Doctor ordered a cast be put on. The good news? I was able to pick out the color cast I wanted! PINK! The bad news? It's on for three weeks, which really isn't too bad considering I already had a splint on for two weeks. October 19 I go back and get a brace.
I've been on hiatus from knitting, but on the other hand, I'm working on my cross-stitch project AND my second MOB dress. I'm slowly working on the dress and so as not to overwhelm myself, I'm doing only a few bits and pieces of the dress at a time! Once I get the bodice complete, I think I may be able to forge ahead. Here's a pic:
But in a deep teal. So, it's going well.
On the riding note, Smash has, apparently, felt is necessary to feel my pain by getting an abscess in her left front hoof. See: Smash's Abscess.
Going to attempt to run today, in the gym just in case, but in case of what, I'm not really sure) and really test out my waterproof cast, which the insurance company has deemed to be an unnecessary item, so I had to pay for that out of my pocket! But, better than it not being water proof as I am fairly active. Well, I should be more active, but I've used my broken wrist as an excuse not to "go for it" when I exercise. Of course, I can't lift any weights with my left arm until I'm healed up. Let's just hope I don't become lopsided on my right side! ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment