As I was having a lesson in preparation for a horse show this Sunday, Smash and I walked over to th dressage ring to practice my tests. It was a windy day, and Steph and I were talking about the wind and its effect on riding. Meanwhile, "something" scared Smash and she did her little hop to the side trick, not once, but twice as the second time she stepped on the dressage ring fencing. Ack! I remember havuing her on a long rein, and as I started to fall, my thought was, "I better let go of the reins!" Good thing I did because Smash took off after she dumped me (as she always does).
Meanwhile, See this: Sara's Report of the Fall.
After I hit the ground (I do not remember the actual fall) my wrist was hurting and swelling up before my eyes! Usually, I get right back on the horse, but my wristhurt so much, there was no way. Reluctantly, I went to the ER and found out I have two simple fractures in my left arm! Good thing is, no surgery AND it's my left arm.
So, no horse show this Sunday nor on October 6. These were going to be my last shows of the season. Guess not.
Hand Doctor says in two weeks he will put on a cast, and more than likely, I can ride again. Yippee!
No comments:
Post a Comment