Monday, October 15, 2012

Back in the Saddle, Again

Yesterday I was able to ride!  However, I didn't ride Smash as she is still on the Injured List.  I rode another person's horse named Tanner.  He is also a big horse, but even wider than Smash. At first I was a little leary about getting back on, but once I did some walking exercises with him and Steph, I knew things would be alright.  He is not as sensitive to the leg as Smash, so today my inside thighs are feeling it!  Even thoug he is a tad (a tad?) stiff, he listened to me, and I was able to get him nice and round and relaxed.  Of course, he is pretty relaxed as a general rule. 

It was a really good lesson with Tanner. 

On the Smash front:  The abscess STILL has not burst; however, Sara put some Magic Cushion on her hoof, wh ich seems to be bringing the abscess to the surface.   We can only hope that it will pop soon! 

No knitting lately; haven't tried to do any, but I'm still working on my counted cross-stitch project, which is keeping me busy in the interim. 

Friday I go to the hand doctor, and my cast should be coming off and replaced with a brace,  What fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment