My office is open today, but I'm still stuck up in the Oella Hills. Not only that, the Camden Line is not running today. From the last bout of trains running a few days ago, I doubt if I would ever get to work. Delays, more delays, and then trains canceled because the was no crew to run the trains. Public transportation..... Unfortunately, it's better than driving into D.C. every day. I have a choice of things to do on the train: Knit, read, or sleep. It's mostly knit; if I read, I fall asleep; if I fall asleep, it's likely that I will miss my station. If I miss my station, the next stop is in Camden, Baltimore. Then, what? By the time I got to Camden, the last train out of Baltimore would probably have already left. I'd had to get my husband to drive up to Camden Yards and get me. That would not be a pretty sight. Ah, riding public transportation on the MARC train system.
Hopefully, I can do something today besides take the dog for long walks. I'm very close to having a yarn emergency! Not only that, I finally finished my skirt and now I want to make a coat. I now it would be cheaper just to buy one, but I've always wanted the satisfaction that I MADE a coat. Must have some very warped gene in me.
Joined The Yarn Harlot's 2010 Knitting Olympics, which will start tonight once the Olympic torch is lit. In 17 days I must complete a project of my choice. Since I don't usually have much time to knit (this week being very unusual what with all the snow we've had!), I chose a project that is not too easy and not too complicated. I will attempt, with number 3 circular needles, a lacy neck warmer in only 17 days. Of course, once I get to work and can't knit, the challenge will be even greater! I printed out three patterns. I made one neck warmer before, and this is very embarrassing, I can't tell which one I actually made! I used a variegated yarn (grays, light grays, and white) and that was a mistake because you can't really see the lacy design. This neck warmer will be made out of white! If you can't see the design in that, then you must be blind! That's all I can say.
(Also, I have to start Sara's second mitten.) That would have been my challenge, but I have to get to work to get the yarn for the next mitten. I ordered more yan, but it was delivered to the office - maybe. I ordered a nice winter riding jacket, and I haven't seen that, either, which was delivered to the house. It's somewhere in the UPS/USPS system. Maybe I'll see it today. Or not.
I should be wearing gloves up here in the loft. My hands are two icicles and it's getting more and more difficult to type. I wold wear my new mittens, but I'm afriad it would be a tad hard on touch typing with no fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment