Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday, but Feels Like It Should Be Wednesday

The weekend had snow, much more snow that anyone anticipated. I had planned to go to the grocery store on Saturday a.m., but unfortunately, I fiddled around before I took Romeo out. Just as we headed out, I saw small flakes of snow come down. I was thinking that it was no big deal as we were told by the very efficient weather man - person - woman - meteorologist? that we would get only a dusting. Hubby said that we should wait since it was snowing, and I was still thinking that it was not a big deal. Anyway, it continued to snow, and the snow came down harder. Next thing - there are 4 inches of snow on the ground! What????? So, we spent the day inside.

Sunday morning the storm was gone; snow plough had come through at least once; I went outside to shovel our parking pad, and found that the snow was very light. I was able to push most of it off the ledge and didn't have to exert myself with actually picking up the snow. The snow plough came through again while I was outside.

After that we got in the car to go to the grocery store. As we got down the big hill of Ellicott City, the roads were miraculously clean of snow. It happens all the time. The "hills" of Oella always get second-best treatment since we are not a main road. Once we got down to Main Street, driving was a breeze.

When we got back from the grocery store, I was determined to finish my left-handed mitten. I knew I didn't have much to do, but believe it or not, it takes a lot longer to actually get it finished than it seems just by looking at it. Took me the rest of the day between bouts of resting from it and making a beef stew for dinner. I was anxious to wear it, but it had to be blocked. I wore them today, and lo and behold! they match my red coat! I didn't even think about it when I got the colors because I had originally thought them to be for Sara. After I started them, tho, I realized that they would be too small for her. They barely fit my hand and I do have a very small hand.

So onward to a new pair of mittens - black and white - for Sara. Now, these might be too big, but we can always improvise and make them fit! No matter what, they WILL fit!

Ran yesterday at the gym on the TM; today was a little bit of elliptical, and rest of the time was strength training (core mostly). Gotta get that gut back! It's out of control now.

No comments:

Post a Comment