Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow, snow, snow....

Wednesday evening Sara came over for a quick refresher course in knitting. She was able to start a scarf, which will be striped and is coming along very nicely. With the snow expected this weekend, she may have more time that she thought to make some headway on it.

I started on a pair of mittens for Sara - black and white - different than the ones I made for myself. The yarn in a worsted wight and I'm down to number 1 DPNs! At first I thought it was going to be way to big, but once I started the stranding, it naturally closed up. So, the mittens will be the right size after all!

Today I have to get off my rear end and cut out the skirt that's been sitting on the dining room table for at least 2 weeks. How in the world can I wear it if it isn't done? After watching last night's Project Runway, I'm now inspired to get going on it! Unfortunately, when I get stuck on a certain type of craft, I just can't get away. I've been looking at more mittens to make. I've become a mitten junkie. Worse things I can be addicted to, I'm sure.

Got on the scale today; was pleasantly surprised; now all I have to do is continue to tone all the fat I have on me! Low weight doesn't always mean healthy! Since turning 60, my body shape has changed, and not necessarily for the better. So, toning, it is. Cardio, too.

Have to get back to cutting our my skirt patten. It just won't get done by itself, darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment