If one needs an answer to a question, Ask It! I emailed the person in charge of the shows asking if she knew who the judges would be for the next two shows. She emailed me immediately with the judges for the October 31 show. My coach says these two people are great judges. I've heard of them and have done dressage tests before them, so I agree. They are fair. So, now I need to tweak the left-end circle and continue working on my halts so I can get wonderful halts in the test on October 31.
Knitting - A co-worker of mine asked me to knit a baby blanket for her granddaughter. I said I would, found some nice Swish (from KnitPicks) yarn that is machine washable (perfect for babies, eh?) and ordered blue, pink, light green and yellow and white. The pattern I am doing actually calls for only two colors, but she wanted all the traditional baby colors. I have figured out to start with blue on the border, then one full repeat, then do one full repeat in each color, then continue until I'm happy with the length, then finish off with the blue so I have blue borders on each end. Sounds like a plan to me. Just waiting for the yarn to arrive! I so love starting new projects, don't you?
I blocked the scarf Sara made for her boyfriend using blocking wires. Why didn't I purchase blocking wires eons ago? So much easier once the wires have been threaded through the stitches. {hits palm of hand on forehead} Live and learn.
Still working on sweater coat, but I will need some #10 DPs to work on the back pleat. I'm very close to that part, but I still have the mittens I started for a Christmas gift to fall back on while I wait to get the DPs.
Sara took me on a pre-run of the 5K/10K we are running on Saturday. Lots of steep hills and lots of gradual hills. Very tiring, but now that I know the course, I think I might be able to do a better time. Sara is running the 10K, so she has to do those hills 2 times! Egad!
No comments:
Post a Comment