Wednesday, September 8, 2010

XC SCHOOLING A SUCCESS!

Went xc schooling on Monday morning, which turned out to be Monday afternoon. My coach changed her schedule, but neglected to tell me about it! Instead of leaving at 11:30 from her place, we left at 1:00. Not really happy about it, but what could I do? Sallie showed up about 12:15, we got the rest of our tack together, got the horses on the trailer, and off we went.

After a warm-up we went over a few logs, then took Moonie through the water, Bella leading and Moonie fortunately following without any fuss. Then, we did some other small things, and Cathy set up a mini-course for us. We both did well! Gold stars for us! yay

Since I had a half a bagel in the morning and since I thought we were leaving at 11:30, I didn't eat anything when I left the house. By the time we got to Loch Moy and did some jumps, I was really running out of gas! I thought I was going to pass out! I was able to make it through and on the way back we stopped at McDonald's for a fish filet sandwich. Boy, was that good. Mylegs were shaking when I got back in the truck and the food and sugar definitely helped me.

Tuesday I had a dental appointment for x-rays and had a mold taken of the top of my mouth for an implant. I had a call from the doctor this a.m., to discuss my options. I'll call later; don't feel like messing with it right now.

We also bought a new 2011 Toyota Camry, which is really nice. Basic design as the older one we had and gave to Sara, with a few new upgrades. The best part? ZERO PERCENT FINANCING FOR FIVE YEARS!

Sunday I went out and bought new running shoes, new running shorts, and new exercise pants and top. Good thing I did all my expensive shopping before the car payments start!

I ran on Saturday morning, rode Saturday afternoon, no activity except for shopping on Sunday, rode on Monday, and no activity on Tuesday except for car buying. I'm bushed. Today I'm not sure what I am doing. Think it might be too hot to go outside and run. Guess it will be the TM, my friend.

I have deemed the Christmas shawl finished! It's quite long enough and I used maybe half of the yarn I bought. Maybe it's because I used to yarns together and made it a little longer faster. Who knows? Anyway, it's done except for the blocking. Ugh! That's another challenge in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment