Sunday, September 5, 2010

Weekend Update

I survived yesterday's group riding lesson on the big Moonie! He has a big trot, an even bigger canter, but he is very comfortable. It does take a lot more preparation to do anything - like stopping! Really have to pull back on the reins and use that core! And boy, did I get a core workout yesterday.

I ran 3 miles yesterday; up the trolley trail and then back, which was much easier since it was all on a downward incline. After the upward incline run/walk the way back was a breeze! Well, sort of.

Today, I am planning to go to Dick's and get some new exercise leotards since the ones I have I have had since Sara was in middle school. I'm surprised they are still wearable - sort of. While I'm there, I might as well go across the street to Jo-Ann's. I'm really ready to make some fall clothes....I have a really gorgeous skirt and jacket pattern that I would like to make. Only problem is the right material.

Tomorrow is XC schooling at Loch Moy in preparation for the September 12 Short Course show. It's a first time showing at Loch Moy and a first time competing in the short course. At least there will be only one jumping event. Might be longer than usual stadium/XC jumping since all jumps are included at one time.

OK, time to start freaking out about it. This way by the time Sunday rolls around, I should be over the nervousness - sort of!

Knitting in store for today, too. Grocery store???? Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment