Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally Friday

It's Friday, and even though I've been to work only three days this week, it doesn't make a bit of difference in how long the week really is. 3, 5, they all seem to be too long.

Tomorrow is the 5K at Pimlico Race Track. From what I understand, it will be a big race with loads of people. I sent Dave to the sports store to pick up my race packet today so we don't have to get up two hours before the race to get my stuff. The race doesn't start until 10:00; there is a parking lot for the race track. I figure once the race starts, I'll never get lost. I'm so slow there will always be somebody ahead of me to follow to the end.

Still going to take it easy and do elliptical today. Don't want to run on TM or outside, then find out I can't run tomorrow. Darn this getting old! Once one thing goes away, something else takes its place!

I'm working on my 5th pair of mittens, but I'm making them half mittens. I was looking at mitten patterns, trying to figure out where to stop the design, but it was next impossible to find a stopping place. Then I had an epiphany! I looked at the glove patterns, which have a definite stopping place for the top of the hand. This I will do; then to a few rows of ribbing, then bind off. No fingers to worry about. I'm not sure how to do the fingers on a glove, anyway. This precludes the problem and gives me a whole new realm of knitting gloves/mittens/half-mittens (gloves)

Best Quote:

Man #1: I'm making the world a better place.
Man #2: How?
Man #1: I'm not practicing law.

Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment