Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eventing Show Coming Up

Let's see......Went XC Schooling last Sunday, again. Good news is I didn't fall off! Score one for me! Almost, but that only counts in horseshoes, the game, not the ones on the horse. Anyway, psyching myself up to be in the competition mode - NO MERCY! Show is on Sunday. The weather is going to be atrocious - high 90s!

I'm happy to report that I finally finished the sleeves on my 3-year sweater. Now it's time to block the body of the sweater, sew the sleeve saddle, sew the sleeve, then the back and front together, then knit the collar. Piece of cake, eh? The bad news is I don't have very much yarn left (who knew I would run out 3 years later?), but my plan is to use some other worsted weight blue yarn I have for sewing up the seams and save the "good" yarn for the collar. It might just work.

I'm also happy to report that the yarns I ordered to make a shawl as a gift came in. I'm using a painted teal merino and a teal mohair held together. Very pretty. After reading the Yarn Harlot's blog today, I have now decided that putting beads in my shawl would make it pop that much more. Why, oh why, do I listen to other people's blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment