The weekend started out as an uneventful weekend. Saturday a.m. Romeo and I went for an hour walk. As humid as it was, it was a good thing we went early. Actually, we should have gone even earlier as Romeo tends to dart out at other dogs on the path. Going earlier would have been easier for me, anyway.
I started work on a new dress, and I found that it went much faster than I anticipated. I got to the point of the zipper, decided it was time to stop for awhile, and picked up my long-lost sweater. By the way, I'm doing quite well with the sleeves. About 32 rows done. That means really 64 rows since I'm doing double the rows. Yay me.
Sunday Sara and I had a riding lesson, and we went to Waredaca for a cross country schooling lesson. Bella is so in love with Satchmo, that I have discovered that I have to ride her much more agressively when he's around because all she does is follow him around. We went over a few jumps, some with multiple approaches, but over nonetheless.
The next jump I approached (uphill) and Bella refused. I wasn't ready, so it was my fault. The next approach was more aggressive, but as I got closer, I got too far ahead of her, she stopped and I didn't. I fell splat onto my chest on the edge of the jump. My watchband cut my wrist up, and the band was twisted into a non-recognizable item. Fortunately, for me, I was wearing my jump vest or I might have broken a rib since I landed on my left side.
Sara jumped Satchmo over a fence (or attempted to) and he put on the brakes and actually slid on all four feet to the jump. After several slips Sara finally got him over the fence. Off we trotted to the next jumps, and I went over a few more. They were good jumps; we got over them; might not have been pretty, but we did get over.
Then Sara did a jump over a small log into a shallow pond. It was a great leap, she really felt the air on that jump. After she jumped she said she heard her thumb go "pop". Fortunately, it went back into place, but started to swell up quickly. Between the two of us we really made the day exciting. I won with the injuries because I was bleeding! Ha!
Needless to say, I spent the day with a cold compress and Aleve. I didn't injure my arms so I could knit in between bouts of short naps. I did go upstairs to work on my dress, but after sewing in the zipper, my side hurt, so back downstairs I went to the couch and lots of pillows.
Back to work; another week to look forward to. Yeah, right.
No comments:
Post a Comment