This week I've continued to rev up my exercise especially in the running department. More calories burned and I'm still breathing. What a revelation. I've proven to myself that I can go faster. I was kind of in denial about it all and was letting "fate" take its course.
If only I could sleep at night. All I do is wake up from being hot (even with the fan), then I'm cold. Makes for not good sleeping. No wonder I'm always falling asleep at 8:00 at night.
I decided to pull out a fisherman's sweater I've been working on since 2007. I found the receipt the other, and I'm amazed I haven't finished it. I've made 4 pairs of mittens, 3 or 4 sweaters, but I'm still staring at this sweater. I made a vow to finish it before I do anything else - good luck with that! All I have to do is finish the sleeves, which I'm knitting at the same time. If I weren't doing that, I would really have a bad case of not wanting to finish it. And then sew the thing together and knit the collar. Bam! I'm done. Easier said than done as this pattern is somewhat complicated and every single row has cables, knit through back loop, or something outrageous. But, I'll get it done so I can wear it next winter.
The grey sweater I started is a bust right now, too. It's knit in the round and somehow the stitches got twisted so I had to rip out 17 rows of knitting. I started again, cast on those 229 stitches, and AGAIN, the stitches got twisted. I must not be getting them pointing in the same direction. Anyway, it's basically sitting in the corner because I'm so mad at it. Well, not the sweater because I ripped it out, but the yarn, directions, and needles are being punished.
Dave might go to New York next week for another bank conference. Yay! The only bad thing is I have to get home to take Romeo out because he'll be sitting around all day by himself. It's a 50/50 blessing.
Here's hoping the train is on time; we have lights and air conditioning. Always an adventure with Mr. MARC.
No comments:
Post a Comment