Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Update!

Thursday was my birthday, so instead of taking off on Thursday and coming back on Friday, I took off Friday for a 3-day weekend. I did have a dental appointment for a check-up, which took about 5 seconds, then I was gone. Dave and I went to the Pho place and had pho for lunch. We had one spring roll each and a giant pho. I didn't eat it all, had it packaged up, then went and got some TCBY for dessert. A very low-key birthday celebration.

Drat! I just deleted!! d9*(&$()_)#$*.

So, Saturday Sara took me out to lunch and a movie. We saw, "Killers", which was cutesy and funny. Apparently, Sara and I were the only ones who actually had a sense of humor about it all. Kind of dark humor.

Sunday was our riding lesson - a flat lesson - no jumping. We worked very hard at getting ourselves balanced, doing serpentines with no stirrups, 20-meter circles, 15-meter circles, which are hard to calculate. I can't tell if I'm at 15 meters, 12 meters, or what. I go by what my coach says, then take it from there!

We went out to dinner with Dave's parents for their birthday celebrations to their favorite Greek restaurant. Well, we got ther 15 minutes early, and you would have thought the world was coming to an end. If there are people there, they complain it's too loud; we were the only ones in the room they likedbut apparently, it was too quiet. All of us except Sara got the lamb shank(s), but we only had one shank each and lots of orzo. I ate the lamb and part of the orzo, but with the salad and -oh! I forgot! some bread and oil - it was too much. I had a spinach salad beforehand and should have stopped there, but no, I had to go for the dessert! What a mistake! I was so stuffed! . Sara ordered the spanakopita (spinach layered with phylo dough and cheese) and a side salad. She had the yogurt with honey and nuts for dessert, and decided she shouldn't have ordered a dessert, either. Fortunately, today we have a better handle in the food department.

Today is run on the TM day to get rid of all that very rich food I had last night. Finished my dress and wore it to work. I keep amazing people with the fact that I'm actually wearing dresses/skirts to work these days. Just needed a change of pace; have another pattern and bought some more fabric yesterday. I'm on a roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment