Friday, January 29, 2010

Is It Time to go Home?

Finally got photos of my sweater. I'm very pleased with this; I used the same colors as the pattern, but reversed them so that the main color is the darker color. Absolutely easy to knit, including the two-colored patterns at the bottom, cuffs and neck.

















My first mitten ever! It was a challenge like all things done the first time. Now that the first one is complete, the second mitten is a real breeze!


When knitting and pulling the yarns along, I did pull a little too tightly. I'm attempting to make the knitting looser on the second mitten, but not sure if I'm accomplishing that! Anyway, I did block this mitten a bit, and it fits, so that's all that matters.






Palm side of mitten. Go me! This is something I thought would be very difficult to accomplish, but after working slowly through it and reading the instructions at least 10 times, it's not so difficult as I had imagined. It's become so easy that I've offered to make my daughter a pair of black and white mittens to go with her new black pea coat that she got for Christmas. What a glutton for punishment I am. I'm going to use a thicker yarn (Wool of the Andes) and a bigger needle (size US 4) since her hands are bigger than mine. I'd rather have them a bit big than she can't get her hands into the mittens at all.

Next on my list (not knitting) is to find some new exercises. I'm doing well with the running and the strength training, but I need to do something totally different to rev up my metabolism. I'm looking into swimming, either here in D.C. or maybe getting Dave to go with me on Saturday mornings. He could use the exercise, as well. I've fallen off the wagon with WW point counting, so that's another thing I have to attend to. If Sara can make her meals, freeze them, eat proportionately, so can I. I might not make meals in advance, but I can plan menus every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment