Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ha! More Yarn Delivered

Last night when Dave picked me up, he told me I had a box delivered and muttered something like, It's probably more of that damned wool! And, he was right. Beautiful bisque and navy blue to make a sweater with "dancing ladies" around the bottom of the sweater. My list of projects includes: mittens with a white/brilliant colored sock yarn; mittens with alpaca butter/light grey; and this new one, dancing ladies on a sweater. I am almost finished with a sweater from "Fitted Knits". When I looked for the yarn, I found out it was waay to expensive for me, but I did find some cheaper bulky yarn, which isn't perfect for the size 15 needles I'm using for the body of the sweater, but I am making it a size larger so everything, so far, is working out perfectly. I am on the second sleeve ribbing and after that I have button bands (left and right) and a ribbed collar to add to the top of the neckline.

I decided to test out my knee and went outside to run. The day was gorgeous, but dodging all the people visiting DC to see the cherry blossoms was not so gorgeous. I got into my pace, trying not to knock down all the tourists who decided at a moment's notice, it's time for a photo op! Not when I'm running, please. Just get out of my way! Thank you.

Ran to the Lincoln Memorial, around the top circle, back up 17th Street and right into Subway to get a Veggie Delight - 6" with honey oat bread. It was very good or I was really hungry because I wolfed that baby down.

I'm sorry to say today is only Thursday and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Rats!

Sara and I are going cross country schooling and Dave is coming to take photos. I would like to see what I look like when I do jump - position, etc. Of course, the jumping is on a horse; I'm not out there running around like a lunatic jumping over fences! ha ha ha ha.... I slay myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment