Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pollen is our Enemy.

Let's see.......Weekend summary.....

Saturday Dave and I met Sara and her friends to watch them rock climb. We met them in Ellicott City, then walked a short way to an area for climbing. Unfortunately, the rock face was too big for their ropes, so after deliberations, they decided to go somewhere else. Dave and I opted to go to the grocery store to stock up and get food for Easter dinner. What a thrill that was. The rest of the day was quiet.

Sunday Dave came with Sara and me to go cross country schooling at a new place. It is fairly new; the wood still has that "new" wood smell to it. The field was huge, the jumps were good (although not enough smaller jumps for beginners like me). Sara and Satchmo had a great time; Bella spent her time looking around and seeing if there was any grass she could eat. What else is new?

Sara made the announcement that since Satchmo was such a good boy, she had no excuse not to do the Legacy show on April 18. I have been looking for a place to go schooling this weekend, but it isn't looking too well. Many of the places are having shows or clinics or are too far away since Cathy has to be somewhere after our lesson. Thinking it might not work; will have a lesson at her place.





If you want to see determination, look at this picture. Never give up! Never surrender! Ok, it's not the best picture, but I certainly was not giving up.

After the schooling we went home, Sara came over later and cooked her meals - dumplings and BBQ chicken. She bribed Dave with dumplings as payment to use the grill. It worked! Promise Dave food and you are ok.

I had a half a leg of lamb, which turned out to be the best buy since it was only the three of us at dinner. We had lamb, scalloped potatoes, salad, asparagus, and apple pie for dessert. Not too much food, although I did have my share of the dumplings!

Went t the oral surgeon yesterday, and unfortunately, I have a tooth that has to come out. Bummer. Can't think about it now because I have things to do until the end of April. It will have to wait until May before I can make an appointment.

I am feeling really lousy; must be the pollen or I have a bad cold. I've never been affected like this with the pollen before. Stayed home yesterday since I had to go to the dentist, but decided to stay home, again, today to see how it goes. For someone who hardly takes time off, I think I'm due a day or two off. As a result, no exercising because just walking from the living room to the kitchen is enough to wear me out! Climbing up the stairs to the loft is like running a marathon these day!

No comments:

Post a Comment