Friday, April 9, 2010

Still No Praise for the MARC Train

Last night Dave was coming home from Philly, but I still wanted to get on the early train so I could get to BWI Amtrak station and then go home and take Romeo out. What was I thinking? The train started out on its usual run, got past Riverdale, College Park, and Greenbelt. Just outside Muirkirk here comes the dreaded announcement, We are following a freight train and have to go slowly, if not stop at some point. WHAT? Are these people insane?

So, onward we go chugging along until we get to Savage. After that we pick up speed and I get to Dorsey when? 6:30 p.m. when the LATER train is supposed to get there! Unbelievable. I'm tired of taking the early train and getting to my destination at or later than the later-scheduled train is supposed to get there. I'm ready to retire.

If only Baltimore salaries were comparable to DC's. Alas.....not going to happen.

Went to the gym this a.m. since I went out to lunch with a friend. I decided I wanted to do the exercise that would burn the most calories, and that was running. Started out with a 2-3 minute walk, ran at a 10:40 mile, kept bumping it up until I was at a 10:10 mile and then to a 10:00 mile. I did have to walk a little bit in between, but then I bumped the speed up to a 10-minute mile speed for the duration. It was hard, granted, but I need to push myself in order to burn more calories. Hitting the 60 mark has not been kind to me. It takes longer to burn few calories, so my plan is to run faster, use heavier weights and make the most of what I'm doing. It's the only way. Otherwise, it will be downhill fast.

Work has been a big run around and put out fires all day. I'm exhausted, and I'm not sure what I've actually accomplished except annoying myself.

Tomorrow Dave and I may venture in DC for the Japanese Celebration that is happening. I think the Cherry Blossom 10-mile race is tomorrow, too. Could be too many people to even try. That's the problem with going to events that the entire world comes too. Having to fight the crowds which makes the trip less than enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment