Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Saturday Morning and Still Dark Outside

As I had estimated at the beginning of the week, the scarf I HAD to have is finished. Well, I deemed it finished yesterday morning on the train into work. It's being blocked and will take a few days to dry. Not bad, not bad.

Meanwhile, I pulled out the mitten I was working on. I knitted on the train home, and because of the intricacies (Is this the right word?) of the design and using 5 (FIVE) double pointed needles, I was only able to get two rounds finished on the ride home. Still, not bad, and I haven't gotten lost on the chart, either. Even with enlarging the chart, it is still difficult to read, and I have to have complete concentration while knitting it. As with the counted cross stitch Santa, it and its mate should be finished by next winter if I don't get sidetracked (which I never do) and find some other project that I just HAVE to make. Can't say that I'm sitting around and doing nothing.

More knitting - I bought yarn to make a scarf that has a dragon on it; very intricate (again), but this time I only have to use 2 needles and go back and forth and not round and round.

No comments:

Post a Comment