The weekend sped by, as usual. I went to Bits & Bridles this weekend. It's a tack shop that is going out of business. I felt I needed a new helmet since I've fallen off frequently lately and hit my head several times. When I went into the store, it looked like a hurrican had come in. So many items were gone and the store was looking bare. Were there any helmets? Not many, but I hightailed it over to the area and started trying on helmets. I found a Charles Owens helmet (about $200), which fit wonderfully! With the discount and my gift certificate, I paid $40 for a nice helmet. I'm very proud of that purchase.
Went riding on Sunday. Since coach does not have an indoor ring, we trailered the horses to a nearby farm that has a large indoor ring. It was cold, but without the wind, it was bearable. After riding awhile, I did warm up except for the toes on my right foot. Go figure! When I put on my regular helmet, boy, did it feel like crap even after the short time I had worn my new one. What a difference in - well - everything. I am keeping my old helmet for lesson riding and saving the new one for shows. Of course, I've been falling off at shows, so we'll see what the spring time brings in the way of falling off, that is.
Decided to use up some leftover yarn from a sweater I made, so I am making a scarf; it's very lacy, but easy and am halfway finished already. I had to take a break from the mitten I'm working on as it is very detailed and I have to count and keep changing the colors I'm knitting with. I also worked on my Santa counted cross stitch, which I am hoping I'll have finished by Christmas 2010 or maybe before so I can get it framed - no wait - maybe make a pillow out of it - I don't know what to do with it. I'll worry about it if I ever get it finished. No, not IF, WHEN. I must use more positive words.
Back to work today. Already off and running.....
Since I've been to the gym and very tired now, I have lost my lust for complaining about all the nonsense that went on this morning. Probably a good thing; no one wants to read about a whining person.
Tomorrow is the start of American Idol and DH can't wait! He used to hate this show, but now it has become his favorite show - EVER!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment