Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away

Got up looking forward to my riding lesson, put on all my riding clothes and the many layers I would need, took the dog outside, and lo and behold! it's raining! It was such a nice day yesterday, and wham! rain on my riding lesson? That put a damper on the day, but I will have a make-up lesson tomorrow. I don't have to go to work, and I'm bringing in the horses and feeding them, so might as well get a lesson in, too, since I'll be there. Whew!

Didn't do a lot yesterday, but tinkering around on my mitten, the Santa counted-cross stitch. I made spaghetti sauce and chocolate chip cookies. Then, lounged around some more, had a few glasses of wine, had dinner, and that was the end of the day. We put in "The Red Violin" to watch, but I could not keep my eyes open, until it was over! The movie was sub-titled, so I couldn't even listen to it.

Today is a trip to COSTCO once DH wakes up, and that could be who knows when.

Many projects to work on. My choices: sew wool jacket, counted cross stitch, mitten, start new dragon scarf, pick up cable sweater that I've been working on for at least 2 years. Don't know why, but I can't get more than a few rows knitted before giving up. All I have to do is finish the sleeves, which I'm knitting at the same time, and do the collar and sew it all up. It's not that much, but one day it will be finished. I can't frog it, it's too far along to frog.

No comments:

Post a Comment