Friday, March 19, 2010

Finally Friday! It's About Time!

When I got up this morning, I was so relieved that it WAS finally and absolutely Friday. Of course, it's not over, yet, because I'm at work and have to struggle through the day. Ugh!

On the exercise side, I am still working with an injured leg. Yesterday I did some stretches hoping it would help me. Not sure if it has because my leg still hurts when I stand up - that's when it hurts the most, but after I get moving, it's not too bad, not perfect, but not too bad. I would like to go outside, but I think I will stay in and hop on the elliptical since it is not so hard on my leg as running - even walking. I need those cardio calories.

We are going to have a great 70-degree Saturday - the first day of spring. I've been counting down since 45 days ago, and I thought it would never get here. Sunday is a riding lesson, then off to Savage Mill for a Yarn Experience or whatever it's called. Going to meet Lea and Betty there; Dave is coming with me so he can get out of the house, we'll all have lunch; Dave will walk around, and the three of us will talk/walk yarn for a few hours. I'm not even going to attempt to say I will exercise will power and not buy anything! It's just not worth it! I do have a sweater I want to make, but have been unable to find the right yarn for it.

I'm just about finished the tan/chocolate mittens. Just a few more rows on the thumb and I'm done. Then, the two have to be blocked so the stitches even out and look really smooth. One more pair of mittens to make with yarn I already have, thank you very much! It is a white yarn and a sock multi-colored yarn, which I'm hoping will look very striking. Better to knit them now, then I can give them away at Christmas time for gifts. Betty hinted that the tan mittens would really match her new camel colored coat. I'll save those for her and give them to her at Christmas. Her birthday is in January, so Christmas is the first occasion for me to give them to her.

Next countdown - Rolex! Only 33 days. April 21 flying off to Louisville, KY, getting in the van with Aileen, Cassidy and Sara and driving to Lexington, KY. I put a countdown tracker on my page; it actually works. Yesterday, it said 1 month, 3 days, now it says 1 month, 2 days. Imagine that!

No comments:

Post a Comment