Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

The weekend is here; I've been looking forward to it all week, and now it's pouring, and I can't go riding. I don't think I'll be running the 5K, either on Sunday.

Sara came over last night, and we had Dave's famous pizza. We were sure to cut the pizza into normal servings than our usual giant pieces, and then we would have another piece. We did have a second piece, but we cut the small portion in half, which was a great compromise. Oh, had a salad to go with it. We watched the last BL show. It is inspiring to see people who weight 300-400 pounds exercise 4 hours a day, but like the show portrayed, people who are in a daily routine of getting up and going to work, don't that the luxury of a 4-hour workout. It was quite interesting in the show when Sam forgot his lunch and SO CONVENIENTLY, there was a Subway store around the corner. How staged was that? How else would Subway get its advertising on the show? And, what's with the last hour of the show being a sob fest? {Rolling eyes}

After Sara left this past week's episode of Project Runway was on! Another Score! I forgot to record it Thursday night because I was watching Ugly Betty. I love having DVR. No tape, no DVDs to worry about. Just push a button, and there ya go!

Being inside is going to be a challenge for me. Since I was planning on riding and getting exercise that way, another plan foiled. Even Romeo doesn't want to go outside in this weather.

Staying OP this time has been easier. It's nice to have another person to compare notes with and to keep me on track. I was tempted to have a cookie from our Services Department (who, by the way, has a tin of cookies and a container of candy at all times filled), but I remembered I had already given her my menu for the day. I couldn't let either one of us down! LOL

Time for tea; Romeo needs breakfast and later we will have to brave the rain so he can do his "biznezz". He hates the rain, and we practically have to kick him out the front door.

P.S. I wll never buy Veggie Straws again. they are soOOooo good that I cannnot put them down. My co-worker went to COSTCO and bought a bag for me. She brought them to work. I vowed not to open the bag, but I did; then I could not stop eating them. I would eat a few, say that's all, then open the bag up again, say, that's all. Finally I had to STAPLE the bag shut so I would not eat any more Veggie Straws. They are delicious, but WW point-wise? Not so hot. They are 170 calories, 5(?) grams of fat and only 1 gram of fiber for 38 pieces. 3 points for 38 pieces. I did eat them in increments of the serving size suggested, but when I got home, I went straight for the bag as a pre-meal snack. Why? Because they are good. THESE ARE DEFINITELY A RED LIGHT FOOD FOR ME. I'm not putting myself through that again because I can't afford 3 points for junk food, which is what they are, when I have only 18-20 points a day. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment