Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

So, Saturday, to sum up, was a clinic on equine first-aid, then to the LYS for DPs. I did found some nice yarn to make another pair of mittens while I wait for my other order to come in. I found a tan and dark brown combo of yarn for the next pair. Fortunately, my #3 DPs will work for this pair. I swatched, and at first the #3s seemed to be too big; I went down to #1s because that is what I have; way too small and tight. Back to the #3s, which when I really paid attention were perfect. Have no idea what I did, but there ya go.

I'm getting my knitting Gold Medal! I finished Sara's second mitten in a record 13 days, and most of the knitting time was on the train to and from work. My hands were very happy it was over since using a worsted weight and #1 DP needles made for very tight knitting. The mittens are very pretty, and I do like the weight of the mitten with the worsted yarn. Now that I'm using the right yarn with the right needles, it's almost not a challenge!

After my stop at the yarn shop, I went next door to the quilt shop. They have wonderful fabrics, and as I was wandering around, I found some Oriental fabrics. Just beautiful. I bought some fabric with black background and white egrets on it. I should take a picture of it; very pretty. Also, found some mostly gold fabric with Geishas on it which will be a perfect fabric as contrast for the egrets. Thinking: a blouse and use the contrast fabric for the cuffs and collar? Then, I found two panels of Geishas, each different from one another. The panel is almost full size, and I'm not sure what to do. I may have to use just parts of the panel or figure out how to piece a coat/jacket together. I did find

Stopped and bought a dozen bagels from the Bagel Bin. Delicious bagels there! I had one for breakfast on Sunday and the rest went into the freezer.

Sunday a.m. was a trip to Talbot Run and another lesson, but not on Lefty Louie. I rode a mare called, Indy, who is trained up to second level. What a nice ride she was! After ride Bella for so long, it took a few tries to get used to Indy. She is very sensitive in the mouth, and if I just barely pulled back on the reins, she would come down to a trot or walk. Lesson learned, the hard way several times before I got it right. Did some sitting trot on her, and my rear end is really sore. The saddle I used is not as comfy as Bella's and Indy's trot is different, so new sore muscles abound!

Cathy thinks her ring might be ready for riding on Sunday. She's been ever hopeful for several weeks now, but it's still not ready. I am excited to ride her new horse, Bryce,who is supposed to be a great dressage horse, does some jumping. I would like to do an event with him, and fortunately, the events are not until May or June when the weather is nicer.

Drove home, took a shower, and did a lot of vegging. Finally got the yarn cast on for the new mittens, made a Julia Child pound cake. It is delicious and has tons of calories in it. Had planned to make a turkey breast for dinner, but it had not defrosted enough to be able to cook it properly. So, dinner was noodles/sauce and a salad. Dessert? The pound cake, of course.

Monday - Back to work and the same ol' thing. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment