Today started off as any other day. 1. The alarm sounded off. I swear it gets earlier and earlier. 2. Got up did my "thing", had breakfast; didn't have to make lunch as I'm going out with a friend today. 3. Dave and Romeo drove me to the Dorsey MARC station; waited for said train; got on; left Dorsey on time. 4. The train moved slowly, but was moving; we got to Muirkirk and a freight train is stopped blocking the walkway from the parking lot to the side of the tracks so people can get on to go to DC. 5. We sit. 6. In their infinite wisdom the decision is made to uncouple the cars and move the freight train up so the people can get on the MARC train. 7. Said cars are put back together. 8. We take off. 9. Five mintues later we stop with the announcement that said freight train is now on the move and we have to wait for it to pass us. It must have been a 90-100 car train for we sat and sat and sat. 10. We finally get to move, slowly, once again. 11. We stop; announcement: Said freight train is now being stopped and will move off the tracks shortly. {Shortly? What the heck is shortly? My impression of shortly probably, and I'm sure of this, is not the impression of CSX's impression of shortly.} 12. We haven't even gotten to Greenbelt! 13. Arrive Greenbelt; pick up passengers. 14. Trudge to College Park and on to Riverdale. 15. Finally, after Riverdale train picks up speed - too little too late, I say! 18. Arrive Union Station at 8:00 a.m. {I got on this stupid train at 6:34 a.m.!!!} 19. Go down to Metro; platform is filled with MARC train passengers - 3 trains arrived at the same time including my late train. 20. I wait for 3 metro trains before I can get on. 21. Arrive Farragut North without much mishap. 22. Get into office at 8:37!
Ya know, I think it's time for me to go home now! I definitely need a little "somethin', somethin'" in my coffee today.
I was going to go to the gym this morning since I'm going out to lunch as mentioned. Last night, though, I made the decision not to go in and use today as a rest day. I'm so glad that I made that decision. It would have been only one MORE thing for me to be annoyed about.
On a good note, I started my new second mitten on the train, knitted until I couldn't stand it any more. Even I have my threshold of knitting time.
Now, all I have to do is survive working with attorneys all day. That could be worse than the train debacle. Ha ha.
Update: Went to lunch with my friend to Cafe Asia. This is a nice place because it's not just limited to Chinese. There is Japanese sushi, Indonesian, etc. I had the teriyaki chicken, which came with a coleslaw-type salad, lots of chicken and a bowl of rice. After the waiter gave us our meals, I asked for a doggie bag right away. I put half the chicken, half the rice and half the coleslaw into the doggie container and closed it up. I'm so glad I did that! Not too full, not too hungry - just right! Go me!
No comments:
Post a Comment